Shoutlet Launches Major Update to Its Enterprise Social Management Software for More Powerful Fan Engagement
Version 4.0 Adds Twitter & YouTube CRM Capabilities, a Robust Contest Platform, and HTML5 Features That Allow Marketers to Share More Personalized Branded Content Faster to Grow Brand-Fan Relationships
MADISON, WI–(Marketwire – April 5, 2011) – Shoutlet, provider of the most comprehensive social management tool available, today announced a significant update to its software platform, Shoutlet 4.0. The new version extends Shoutlet’s popular Social CRM functionality beyond Facebook to YouTube and Twitter, includes a robust platform to create and conduct interactive viral contests, and allows users to create HTML5-compatible web apps so their brands can easily share content with fans using mobile devices like iPhones and iPads.
The new features in Shoutlet 4.0 make social media marketing of branded content easier, more personal, and more powerful. The platform allows marketers to engage fully with customers who take part in promotions on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and more than 100+ additional social sites.
New features include:
- Social CRM capabilities for Twitter and YouTube – As social CRM continues to play a growing role in fan engagement, marketers are looking for ways to better identify and monetize individual fan relationships. By adding Twitter and YouTube to Shoutlet’s existing Social CRM capabilities for Facebook, brands can take the ‘Like’ and ‘RT’ feature to the next level. Marketers can follow up with fans more immediately and create more opportunities for engagement and relationship-building.
- Powerful contest platform – Understanding increased interest in hosted contests, Shoutlet 4.0 provides an easy-to-build and manageable interactive campaign feature. The new contest platform will allow marketers to build interactive contests, sweepstakes, and give-aways within existing Facebook Fan Pages which are shareable between fans and their friends, making campaigns truly viral.
- HTML5 Compatibility – Shoutlet-built web apps can now be viewed on all mobile devices, including iPhones and iPads. This allows marketers to save time on building only one version of an app and gives the ability to push content to a wider variety of mobile devices, resulting in more opportunities to activate fans that are on-the-go.
- Shoutlet iPhone app – The new native iPhone application allows Shoutlet users to capture video, audio, images, and text from any remote location and post it into their Shoutlet content library for scheduled distribution.
- Interactive Calendar – Users are able to see all scheduled posts, known as ‘shouts,’ and manage publish dates of those posts within a monthly calendar view.
- Revamped interface – Listening to customers, Shoutlet redesigned the platform interface to be even more intuitive and easy to navigate.
“Brands are seeing the value of social media marketing, but fans are quickly being inundated with content that looks more like spam than well thought-out, targeted marketing campaigns,” said Jason Weaver, CEO of Shoutlet. “So now the challenge isn’t how to have an online marketing presence, but rather how to truly engage with fans in a way that’s not disruptive to their user experience. This type of engagement creates sustainable and measureable long-term relationships. Shoutlet 4.0 was built to solve these challenges and deliver the right tools that will support and manage a brand’s needs in a way that is efficient, affordable, and easy to implement.”
Shoutlet’s software improvements come as a response to the changing behaviors of consumers. “Just as our fans start asking for mobile friendly content, Shoutlet came to the rescue delivering new and improved applications,” said Chris Eichman, Social Media Coordinator, Rayovac.
With Gartner projecting spend on sales, marketing, and customer service to exceed $1 billion by 2013i, brands are under increasing pressure to be ahead of the pack in swiftly and effectively capturing and fulfilling fan relationships. Shoutlet 4.0’s turnkey approach toward managing fan engagements allows brands to accomplish this, providing the information required to better understand their advocates and the tools to create proactive, promotion-driven campaigns.
Shoutlet provides enterprise social management software for companies to engage consumers online and monetize their social media communication. It includes Facebook, Twitter and YouTube management, Social CRM, a contest platform, HTML5 web app building, email and mobile marketing, social commerce, and real-time analytics in one easy-to-use interface. The platform gives brands and agencies the tools to create, manage, and measure their entire social media communications. Companies using Shoutlet’s platform are able to better design and implement highly targeted campaigns and ultimately improve the business impact of their social media communications.
i Gartner Says Spending on Social Software to Support Sales, Marketing and Customer Service Processes Will Exceed $1 Billion Worldwide By 2013 – Press Release